Bio PC-20, a biological cleaner for marine and sewage plant use
A powerful biologically active powdered formulation containing a blend of patented bacterial strains, specifically developed to deal with sewage wastes.
Directions for use.
Bio PC-20 is designed to degrade excess residual waste products in shipboard sanitation pipework systems, holding tanks and marine sewage treatment plant. The specialised strains in Bio PC-20 will digest grease, fats, sewage, starch and other organic compounds. The degradation of paper, protein and waste product residuals is greatly increased and the odours that these produce are reduced.
The bacteria in Bio PC-20 will colonise the waste ‘soil’, which lines the pipework/tank system, and degrade the waste until the system is clean. The biological activity in the marine sewage treatment plant is greatly increased so improving its ability to deal with more waste. The obnoxious smells in toilet areas and scuppers normally associated with overloaded or blocked systems are eliminated.
AREAS OF USE
Pipe cleaning- Maintenance dosing will keep galley and sewage pipes clean and clear of organic residual wastes.
* Tank Cleaning– Holding tanks and sewage treatment plant can be cleaned periodically or prior to entry without the use of dangerous toxic chemicals and men having to enter tanks.
* Sewage Treatment Plant– Direct dosing to the sewage treatment plant or via the nearest toilet will greatly enhance the biological activity and keep the plant at peak operating efficiency.
Pipe cleaning – A liquid solution should be prepared by mixing 0.25 kg. of Bio PC-20 in 20 litres of hand hot (35 C) fresh water and left for 15 – 30 mins (stirring periodically) for the bacteria to activate. Whilst constantly agitating this solution 0.5 litre should be dosed into sinks, scuppers, showers, drains waste disposal units etc. each evening until the blockage is cleared. A maintenance dose once or twice a week can then be applied to keep the pipes in clean condition. Acid/caustic/toxic type cleaners should not be used as these will kill off the bacterial action in the pipes. Alternatively, the pipes should be isolated and filled with the solution and left for up to forty-eight hours before draining. If necessary further applications should be made until the drainings run clear.
Tank Cleaning – Tanks and sewage treatment plant should be flooded and pumped empty to clear excess soil before cleaning. Holding tanks must be fitted with an air manifold connected to a low pressure air line of sufficient volume to gently turn the mass of water within the tank. In sewage treatment tanks the normal air supply will suffice. The tank should be filled to 75% capacity with fresh or seawater and the air supply turned on. Approximately 0.5kg. of Bio PC-20 per gallon of fresh hand hot (35 C) water should be mixed and left for 10-15 minutes before dosing the tank. Dosing can be either direct or via the nearest toilet. The tank should then be filled and left with the air on for at least 48 hours. The dose rate should be approximately 0.5kg. per 400 litres tank capacity with a minimum dose of 5kg. Although Bio PC-20 is designed for use in cold (4C minimum) seawater, performance will improve with hot (35 C) fresh or seawater.
Sewage Treatment Plant – Ineffective or septic sewage treatment can be re-activated and maintained on peak operating efficiency by dosing Bio PC-20 direct into the tank or via the nearest toilet. To re-activate the plant, 0.5 – 1kg of Bio PC-20 should be mixed with 4-8 litres of hot (35 C) fresh water, left for 10-15 minutes for the bacteria to activate, and then dosed into the tank. 0 Maintenance dosing of 0.1 – 0.25kg will keep the system operating effectively.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
* Clears pipes and systems blocked by organic water matter.
* Cleans sewage holding tanks with out the need for entry of personnel.
* Re-activates biological activity in systems which have been turned septic by the use of aggressive cleaning products.
* Eliminates the odours associated with systems which use of aggressive cleaning have been turned septic by the products.
* Extremely cost-effective, saves time, money and manpower.
* Eliminates the need for hazardous chemicals.
* Keeps systems in optimum operations condition.
* For cleaning blocked pipes and systems where the pipes ‘fall’ is insufficient or the system is overloaded.
* Cleaning sewage holding tanks without the need of entry.
* Restarting septic sewage treatment plant.