Potable Water Coatings
for use with drinking water
Please contact us before using this product for potable water.
A two component epoxy coating for potable water, cured with a fast setting amine that is approved for factory use under the Water Byelaws Scheme.
• Ductile iron pipes for the water industry.
• Fixtures and fittings.
• Valves used in the water industry.
• Storage tank internals for drinking water or crude oil storage.
Epicol Solvent Free Epoxy
..two component epoxy coating for potable water, cured with a fast setting amine that is approved for site and factory use under the Water Byelaws Scheme.
…high build coating that has some self levelling properties makes it suitable also as a floor coating.
• Ductile iron pipes for the water industry
• Fixtures and fittings
• Valves used in the water industry
• Storage tank internals for drinking water or crude oil storage
• Floor coatings
A thixotropic high build fast drying coating formulated using selective bitumens and high quality mineral fillers giving a tough flexible and attractive matt finish.
• Tough flexible film
• High build application of 100 microns per coat
• Good general purpose corrosion protection
• Fast drying giving quick handling times
• Can be applied by brush, roller, conventional or airless spray
Typical uses are:
• Pipeline interior or exterior for use in water applications
• Fixtures and fittings used in the water industry
• Manhole covers, tanks etc
• To prevent water loss on masonry surfaces
• Waterproofing for buried metallic objects e.g. Lampposts, Guardrails etc
NB – Please contact us if you are thinking of using Intex No2 for potable water situations, as the approvals have changed for this product.